Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

7.08.2009

Oh, so it was the damn 80Gb harddisk in a USB enclosure that **ck things up, and QuickSFV

I was very puzzled about the hell all the BT I've done on the EeePC 900 were all **cked up. Well, today I finally understand why: it was the dran 80Gb external USB harddisk that I used with the EeePC 900 that **cked things up.

The reason I know that's true is because everytime I use RapidCRC the SAME folder of rar files, I will GET DIFFERNT RESULTS. However, if I copied those file to my desktop harddisk. I will get consistant result. In fact, the connection was so unreliable that after unhooked the USB connection at one place and rehooked it on another USB portt again, the harddisk seems NOT WORKING ANYMORE. Screw that.

So Now I am using a 2.5 inch external USB harddisk now. Hope this one is better.

Oh on the side note, I like RapidCRC so much better as a SFV tool than the QuickSFV. The older vesrion's history feature gave me inaccurate result. And I can't even install the new 2.36 on my Windows 7 RC1. So forget it. RapidCRC on the other hand gives me consistant result. Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home