Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

6.19.2009

Smart Doctor DOES NOT work, but ....

After running Mirror's Edge on Windows 7 RC1 caused my machine to shut down a few times, I knew I had to do something.

So I tried and I tried and still couldn't get SmartDoctor (a tool to start the fan on the graphic card in order to lower the temperature) installed. Finally I was inspired by this post and tried using the ATI Catalyst Control Center, and successfully keep the machine from shutting down. Here's what I did.

  1. Right click the desktop and select the Catalyst Control Center which should be the item at the top.
  2. Go to [Graphic Settings][ATI Override]
  3. Click the unlock icon.
  4. Check [x]Enable ATI Overdrive.
  5. (Probably optional)Turn GPU to minimum (500) and Memory Click to minimum (750).
  6. This is the most important step: [x] Enable Manual Fan Control, and turn the value to 100%
  7. click [Apply].
This will turn the fan speed to the max. It's very noisy, but at least my machine does not shut down.

I'll probably read me about manually change the fan speed later, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home