Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

5.12.2009

Installing Windows 7 RC on desktop

It was partly because the video driver kept crashing the Windows 7 beta on my desktop, and partly because the beta will be expired very soon, I finally bite the bullet and did a Windows 7 RC clean installation on my home desktop PC.

So far I haven't installed any software except Deamon Tool, and I already experienced the first Windows Explorer crash. Could Deamon Tool caused Windows Explorer crashing problem? Time will tell.

I also installed the Japanese language from the MSDN Windows 7 RC language pack. It was a success, which was kind of different from my installation experience on my Lenovo X60T Tablet PC. Well, I am glad that it worked out.

So far all the installation I did was coming through properly. However, Daz Studio still doesn't work unless I install the following driver:

From ATI Site, pick Windows 7, 32 bit, Radeon, Radeon HD 4800 series, choose version 8.612 (posted date 5/5/2009, Windows 7 WHQL Driver)

So now Daz Studio is working properly, but I don't know for sure if I also bring back all the video driver problem that I experienced in the last 3 weeks. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home