Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

5.03.2009

Messing with codec ... again ....

I wasn't dealing much with Codec ever since I started using KMPlayer. It played almost all the stuff that I throw at it, and it works pretty OK as a portable player.

Things changed recently, however, when my friend at work started giving me a bunch of video files he downloaded . Suddenly a lot of things that he gave me, including some .ts file (which seems to be Blueray rip based on the file extension .ts and also because the file size 30+ Gb and the picture quality). So now I am back to my journey of finding the perfect codec set in order to play contents that he gave me.

At first I tried PowerDVD. It played the .ts file with awesome video quality and smoothless, but there's no sound. In fact, as of now, I still couldn't find a way to make the audio working.

And then I tried Win7Codec pack and the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 4.80. Neither of them gives me the .ts playback result that I want.

Finally someone at Mainland China did the magic, created "KmplayerPlus2009v2a.exe". AFter I installed that, the .ts playback started working in the KMPlayer, althought the video quality isn't as great as in PowerDVD, but at least I got the video playing with proper sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home