Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

4.14.2009

Still being tortured by the EeePC

This round of torture is mostly related to plugging in the AC adapter.

  • Plug, unplug power crashes the machine.
  • Removing the eeeutil, eeetray and eee ACSI does NOT solve the power problem. Worst of all, even going to
  • standby mode when I plug or unplug AC Power won't work as it will hold up the machine. So eventually I have to TURN OFF the machine.
  • PLUGGING while in stand by ALWAYS cause trobule, but UNPLUGGING in AC while in standby seems OK.
  • After crash, need to boot into save mode first, and then reboot so that there not left over crap at bootup.
  • When in standby mode, plugging the power cable doesn't even trigger the battery indicator to turn on!! (Later on I realize that maybe it's because the battery level was perviously not low enough.)
  • Maybe I found a better way to deal with the battery charger plug problem: only plug it the battery charge when the machine is in standby mode. Unplug it because using, and I GUESS it should be fine.
  • EeeUtil (that util that allows you to tune screen brightness and stuff) still crash the system at the start up. So I have to deable it.
  • EeeACSI also seems to crash at boot up. So I s
  • Forget about added User level security on BIOS, even after I turned it to [ALWAYS], when waking up from StandBy, it still does not prompt me for password. I better set password on OS too. I also cleared my BIOS password cause they are useless.

By the way:
  • Waking up from Hibernation still got the machine crashed. Use Standby instead.
  • For using [ESC] during startup, don't hold it, but instead keep tapping it until the bootup screen shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home