Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

7.09.2009

Continue making my EeePC 900 a default BT box and always on device at home

Yesterday I experienced something bad on my EeePC while I attempted to use it as an always on BT device: the machine shut down itself down because of overheating. That's when I realized that I disconnected the fan for the sake of making it run quietly. So I reconnect the fan again.

That was when I realize how great the eeeutil app was. I used it to turn the fan first to all the way 100% and then later to Auto, and turn the power to full so that there's enough power to drive the external 2.5 inch harddisk. I even connected the wireless mouse and keyboard set to it so that I could later use it as an always on machine, just like what my desktop used to do.

If everything goes well, then my next step will be trying to use WiFi for BTing, so that I can put the device at a corner that does not anony me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home