Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

12.08.2004

Memory Stick Pro for my NX70V

It's been a while since I checked the memory stick pro price, and it was dropped since then. Right now a 512Mb stick will cost me HK$690, which is not way too bad. The CompactFlash card solution was proven to be very troublesome to me so far, and so the Memory Stick Pro solution may be my temporary answer for getting a reasonable PVP. To be fair though, there is a new set a FAQ about how to make CompactFlash working on my NX70V, and it is possible that it may solve part of the problem. Here's the link:

Step by step instruction how to install NX70V CompactFlash support:
http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65488

Back to the Memory Stick Pro issue. Should I getting Memory Stick Pro for my NX70V, I definitely should get the Memory Stick Pro Duo, the smaller form factor version of Memory Stick Pro. The reason is simple: for Playstation Portable compatibility!!! PSP can only support the Duo, not the full size version. And everyone knows that PSP will be a hit, and it's just a matter of time for me to get a PSP.

In addition, I definitely need to buy a memory stick card reader that support both the Memory Stick Pro and Memory Stick Pro Duo form factor as my current reader only support the regular memory stick. Gee another can of worth of research that I need to work on to buy the best Memory Stick card reader.....

Usually after as much of work involved, I will eventually drop the whole thing off in order to save me from headache and spending. We'll see how this time goes :-P

Plus, I am no hurry on this. And the advantage is on my side: the longer I wait, the lower the price.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home