Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

11.17.2004

Electronic Drumset


I walked into the TomLee Music Instrument store right next to SoGo Department store and Tsim Sha Tsui getting a new set of string for my cheesy guitar, and I didn't realize that there's a percussion section at that store until that. So I walked around and found that there's a new lowend drumset released by Roland Called TD-3. The so-called discount price marked on it was HK $6950 (Regular at HK$8200), which is about the same as the US price: ( http://www.gearblasters.com/directory/drum/Roland_TD_3.html ) Let me say this clear after playing with the drumset: TD-3 SUCKS! It's basically TD-6 without one Tom tom pad and with a much crappier Sound module! And how can you survive a regular drum session without both hi and low tom? I hated it when I heard that TD-6 didn't have rim shot, but this TD-3 is just too much. How can Roland release such a crappy product. It's like selling a lower end Toyota Civic by removing a tire.

And then i saw Roland TD8KV. That's right, the same old TD-8. But it was selling at $18300 (regular price $22500), which I think was pretty ok since it is selling at US$2695.00 in US.

I don't have money, so I won't buy both. Good. Less distraction :-D.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home