Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

11.13.2004

I really wonder how much memory does AvantGo require in order to complete the web page sync without giving me that ugly "insufficient memory" message. My memory stick has 12Mb of space, and yet I still got the "insufficient memory" message. It was until I deleted the 52Mb movie file that the AvantGo sync finally started to work. Man, this is crazy.


I noticed that the MPEG encoding result of the VGear TV Tuner didn't seen to be too well, and I also remember that I've seen a good TV Tuner MPEG encoding result before. So I sort of draw of conclusion that the way how the VGear plugged to the laptop may affect the graphic quality. So instead of plugging the VGear to a 4 port USB hub, I plugged it directly to the laptop USB port. I'll am doing video recording now, and will check back later to see if the video quality is improved or not.

OK, just checked. There's NO picture improvement at all. My theory is that the RF reception is simply bad, and because There's a lot of noise, the MPEG1 compression process becomes very inefficient, and thus the slugglish result.Damn, what a junky toy.


Darn, after I cleaned up my system, 3D Studio Max 6 stopped working. Turned out it was because along the process, an anti-virus application (forgot which one) identified Ciliia licence server application as a virus and removed it. Sigh. Oh well, this gives me an excuse to install 3D Studio Max 7 anyway.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home