Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

11.12.2004

99% of time when I encountered a technical problem, I always find someone suffering the game pain as me. This time, it's the QuickTime player problem.

Recently every time I started the QuickTime player, I will get an error message with title "QuickTime Player: QuickTimePlayer.exe - No Disk" and content "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive XXXX". And I cannot get rid of the error message box unless I unplug the USB Flashcard reader from the system.

Someone on the Net experienced the same:
http://www.webdevforums.com/showthread.php?t=5433 . His solution is disabling the USB Flashcard reader. To me, this is unacceptable.

Finally, I found one message that indirectly answered my question:
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1048113092

Here's the reason of my problem: Apple QuickTime player remembers what movie it was played before and display the entries under the menu [Open Recent]. Unfortunately, the player checks the existence of all the entries in the [Open Recent] when the player starts. And pervious I played some video directly from some Flashcard on the USB Flashcard drive, so when the QuickTime player sees the drive but not the media (the Flashcard), it complains.

The solution is actually simply: first unplug the USB flashcard reader. Then open QuickTime Player, you will still get a way error messages. Just enduring them and click [Continue] to move on, then go to menu [File]->[Open Recent]->[Clear Menu]. Along the way you will still encounter a few error messages. Just, again, click [Continue] to move on. Once the recent opened file list get cleared, you should have no problem opening the QuickTime player.

This obviously is Apple's fault. Damn you Apple.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home