Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

11.11.2004

Mainconcept PVR 1.1.1 stopped recording after a very short while

I bet that you may draw either of the following conclusion after reading my weblog, that:
- I have a lot of time on hand.
- I really enjoy messing with all sort of consumer electronic and technology.
- I am a real techno-garbage-content-generator.
- I have tons of trouble dealing with whatever tech item I messed with so far.

Here's another mystery to me :-D .
I was glad that Mainconcept PVR 1.1.1 software works with my external USB based TV tuner. The software that came with my TV Tuner was really junky, and I was not using the device for a whiie because of that junky app.

However, for a few times, I found that the TV recording was ended prematurely, so it seems like it always happened when I minimized the TV screen. If I leave it open in normal size with the sound mutted, then it seems to work fine. In fact the recording time can be as long as 6 hours (about 4Gb file size).

The recorded quality is not that good, but it serves the purpose : for me to scan TV with the power to skip all the junk content.




I found something funny with my color scanner CanoScan N670U: the time difference between scanning a document with 400dpi and 300dpi is dramatically big. It seems like 400dpi takes more than twice the amount of time to complete.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home