Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

11.09.2004

Confused PowerRun on my Clie

Confused PowerRun on my Clie

For some totally strange reason, the PowerRun 1.2 confused and couldn't see the label "MS128" of the memory stick, and thus couldn't execute the applications on the memory card properly. I figured out that I could solve the problem by the following procedure:

- Select [option] [Delete Card's Shortcut]
- Select [option] [Update Shortcuts]
- and finally, go to Launcher and renew all shortcuts.

I still don't know the reason, but at least I now know how to fix it.




Sony Clie ImageConverter 1.5 experience : Long Run Video too tiny to watch

So far, my experience with the ImageConverter 1.5 is very positve, and I enjoy watching videos while I was on the road. However, I need to keep myself from using the Long Play conversion since video quality of the coverted video is really bad, but the biggest problem is the size which render into 120x180 even AFTER resize!! That is too tiny to watch espeically when I was riding on a minibus (very shaky and bumpy). This also means that I need to turn on the option in ImageConverter 1.5 in order to chop a piece longer than 30 minutes into 30 minutes a piece.




GBA ROM Site Alive and Kicking again!

I haven't checked with a mainland China based GBA ROM site for a long while, and when I checked it out today, I found tons of ROMs that I've never seen before! Pretty cool stuff. Here' the link:
http://www.gbgba.com/down/index.html



Strange Mouse Problem

Somehow my optical mouse has problem operating properly on my wooden desk surface. The cursor movement got really jumpy. I have to put a rough brown paper on the desktop and have to optical mouse operate on the top of it. Since then my mouse worked smooth and sliky.



Resisting temptation of most gadgets

The new portable video gaming device is coming this Christamas, and that means I am going to have big troible since I am such a fan of portable gaming device! And both of those device of very reasonably priced: US$199 or lower. As I already have tons of gears in my backpack, and that I already have tons of learning and entertainment to conduct while I am on the road, more of the gadgets mean more maintainance and less time to do productive stuff. So ... must resist ..... but .... Nintendo DS .... PSP ..... so cute ..... so cool .......



Persario turned off itself!

Stupid Persario is acting up again. I was just starting to start a video conversion using Clie Image Converter 1.5, and suddenly the darn laptop just shutted down for no obvious reason. notice that I don't have battery in the machine; I was totally rely on the AC to keep the machine from running. I don't if that matters or contribute to the problem ...........

freaky machine just shutted down itself again!

Let me stuff in the battery this time.

OK Tried. Battery in the machine. Still freaking rebooting! What the hell? OK, scan disk on the damn D Drive I guess ....

Sigh .... no more HP/Compaq notebook for me FOREVER. (Really to remind myself this)

OK, done Scandisk for D drive ... see how it goes ...

OK, conversion going on. So far so good. I better check back an hour later (1:00 pm)

OK, the system is still running stable. So next time when my machine does something funky, just rescan all the harddisk. Does it mean it's time for me to replace another harddisk? .... I don't know, hate to waste money on the Compaq again.



My laptop and USB

And speaking of the funkiness of my laptop, there's something funky about the laptop and it's USB 1.1 ports. For most other computers, USB devices work better if you directly plug it in the USB port directly on the computer (without going thru any USB hubs). Not so with the funky Compaq Persario 1720US. IN fact, there are more than one device which failed to operate if I directly plug it into the laptop's USB port, but works if I plug it indirectly thru a USB Hub. One prime example is my Canon CanoScan N670U. What a damn crazy machine.



Suitcase 9.2 and Chinese fonts

Suitcase 9.2 cannot read the Chinese fonts from my system, even when I already have those fonts installed in the Font folder of the machine, and other applications like Firework has no problem recognizing the font. I tried reinstaling Suitcase and changing file extension of those Chinese fonts, still no luck. Sigh. Maybe Suitcase only work with English fonts?



Movie Coversion Setting problem

Shoot, the temporary file settings things in IMage Converter 1.5 does not work properly, even after I set it in a way that the program supposed to divide the movie into multuiple segment for everything 30 miuntes, it still gives me a great big 120Mb file. Stupid converter.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home