Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

11.13.2004

After installed ZoneAlarm, I was not able to open a directory on a remote machine (my laptop). That is, though, not a problem as I can resolve the problem by simply adding the local IP address of my laptop to the trust zone of ZoneAlarm (under "Firewall --> Zones" setting)


Man, I was totally scared when I opened my Photo CD catalog in Portfolio 7 format, and found that the "Add" button is disabled! That means I CANNOT add more photos into the catalog. At first I thought it was the Zone Alarm, but turns out it was just a matter of setting th access setting to administartor by setting [Catalog]->[Access Level]. I wasn't sure what made the Catalog got into read only mode, but I am fine as long as I find a solution for my problem.


I heard of the freeware Synergy which allows me the control mutiple machines using one set of keyboard and mouse a while before form the G4TechTV show "Screen Saver". I finally got the chance to try it. It works OK .... except that it's very slow/ Maybe I'll check out how to tune the performance later ...





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home