Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

11.17.2004

Downloading software not working

It's not a happy experience when your machine spent so much time downloading something, yet the resultant files are all broken. That's exactly what happened to me in the last two days when I try to download a whole bunch of files from the Discreet site for the demonstration version of 3DStudio Max 7. Maybe it's because I was trying to download too many files at the same time. But heck, it's that the whole reason of using downloading tools?

Anyway, the tool that failed me was FlashGet, and Firefox download was failing at me too. I am now using GetRight and only down one big file at a time. Let me see if things goes better this time around.

- Down loading a single file worked out OK with GetRight. I am now trying downloading 2 files at a time.
- Hey it worked fine too! So I am trying to download multiple files at the same time. I realize that only 2 files are being downloaded at a time. Maybe it's the site restriction. Well works two files is better than failing a bunch of files.



I applied FlashMX 2004 7.2 update and FireWork MX 2004 7.0.2 update . Everything seems to be OK, although I don't see any difference. But I guess that's the beauty part: when everything works properly, you don't see a thing different.


Mozilla Firefox web browser 1.0 final has been released! This is no longer a pre-release product, and what a great browser it is.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home