Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

3.05.2012

Installing Windows 8 Consumer Preview on Dell Precision M6600

I had some bad experience installing Windows 8 Developer Preview on office machine DELL Precision M6600.  To be specfic, it did not work.

With Windows 8 Consumer Preview, I want to give it another chance, so I started by pressing F12 during bootup.  Interesting enough, there was 2 option: legacy booting DVD drive, or EFI booting DVD drive.  I started with EFI boot, and found that I can't use the 100Gb available space to create the 4th boot parition.  So I rebooted the machine and chose legacy booting DVD drive, and got the installation going.

At all the drivers were installed properly, but at least the Windows 8 Consumer Preview is running on that M6600.



2 Comments:

Blogger Jobi Joy said...

Are you able to connect to an external display. my precision laptop is not detecting external Display.

9:45 AM

 
Blogger Phylum said...

Do you have the M6600 with the Multi-Touch display? Just wanted to get an idea of how well the touch screen works on Windows 8.

10:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home