Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

1.22.2012

Screw you Windows 8 for now

I got so feed up with Window 8 running on my Asus Slate that I finally gave up and decide to install Windows 7 on it, or AT LEAST do a dual boot in case I need to switch to the usable mode of the machine.  The reason is simple: Windows 8 Developer Preview running on EeeSlate was terrible.  The bluebooth keyboard that comes with the machine doesn't work anymore.  The touch screen FAILED to understand the orientation when it wakes up from sleep.  The Windows 8 environment is simply painful to use as they KILLED the Windows button.  The Windows 8 WinRT API is full of problem, and simply DOES NOT worth my R&D time putting on it.  Plus using EeeSlate as a sole development platform is just painfully slow.  At the end of the day, the EeeSlate just sit at the corner of my table gaining dust.  Since I need a machine to replace my Lenovo S12 as the media center machine, I may as well just use the EeeSlate to do just that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mass Control 2 Frank Kern http://partners.infusionsoft.com/lp/frank Bearf Frank Kern Mass Control Arriniagorn [url=http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-08/aricent-appoints-frank-kern-as-chief-executive-officer.html]Frank Kern is great[/url] Frank Kern is great Facebook and its ongoing changes:.

11:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home