Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

1.08.2012

Playing Playstation on MacMini

I always love retro console video games.  Super Nintendo, Genesis and Playstation were the time when I dedicated the most of my time playing video games.  Yet, I also suck at playing video games.  I constantly have hardtime getting through tough levels.  So game console emulator on PCs is my saving grace.  Because not only I can play retro video games, but almost all of them support State Save, so that I can keep trying and trying on the same level until I can get through it.

So this morning I spent most of my time trying to make Playstation emulator working on my MacMini (Late 2009), and the result was pretty satisfying.

I use ePSXe v.1.7.0 and it worked great.  Here's the configuration I used to get the best result:
-  Video: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.77, with "Fullscreen mode" selected, "1280 x 720 resolution", Color depth:32 bit, "Keep psx aspect ratio".
- Soft Video Plugin: "Fullscreen mode, 1280 x 720, 60Hz", 32 bit color, Scale to window size keep aspect ratio"
- Game pad: use my XBox 360 for Windows controller, remember to map all the keys.

I realized that ripped Playstation disc can be tricky.  In fact, not all the disc that I have can be ripped.  For instance, I can't rip Tekken 3, but have no problem ripping Parappa The Rapper.  So I guess I just have to each give them a try.  For ripping software, I use ImgBurn, and it created .BIN and .CUE files that ePSXe can read.  Worst come to worst, I can still use Nero to rip and then use Deamon Tool to map the disc.  But after using ImgBurn, I see no reason doing the other way,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home