Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

2.12.2012

End of fustration

My MacMini was acting up yesterday.  After I restarted on the Windows 7 side, it failed to come up the login screen on my monitor (connected using Display port).  After a few hours of frustration, I finally realized that somehow the display mode messed when HDMI (from DVI port) was also pluged in.  I also found that sometime the display will get into power saving mode, and I had to unplug and replug in the cable in order to bring to display back on the screen.  Put put a long story short, the problem is now solved.

I also solved my fustration with 2 games that I rented from Blockbuster video, and they were both XBox 360 games.  As the only horror adventure game for Kinect, Rise of Nightmares does an OK job.  But I got stuck at the end of Act 3 to a point that I just had to give up.  Besides, there's no real save mechanism.  Even after I reached the very last scene of Act 3, they will still throw me back to the beginning of Act3, which to me, unacceptable.

And then I received the game Deus Ex: Human Revolution.  After playing it for less than an hour, I concluded that I am suck at first person shooting, and should not attempt to try it, ever.  That genere evolved to a point that non FPS gamer can't get into it without tons of frustration.  Until they put in an easy mode, I am not coming back.  So I will send back both games today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home