Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

4.13.2008

Convert .asf to .mp3

I was asked to convert an .asf audio file into a mp3 file. The process was not as straight forward as I would like it to be, mostly because some audio application (Audacity, Super, Sound Forge 9) have problem recognizing .asf file. As a result, I went thru the following steps to complete the conversion:

  • Download Super version 2008 Build 30
  • Install the application in VMWare OS (Yeah I have pretty much no trust on stuff I downloaded online)
  • Run Super, set:
    1. output Container: .asf (you know .. I think I made a mistake here....)
    2. Output audio codec: mp3
    3. Sampling Feq: 44100, Bitrate kbps: 320
  • Once done, open the file with SoundForge 9, and then save:
    • as mp3, mono, 56 Kbps, 24000 Hz
And finally I got a mp3 file smaller than 20Mb so that I can sent it to my friend using Gmail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home