Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

3.13.2008

Nice eSATA card ... except the jumper

I brought a eSATA PCI Express card at BestBuy for about US$32. Installation was very straight forward, but the problem comes when I found out that the system didn't recognize the external eSATA driver that I plugged at the back. I was frustrated for 20 minutes, and then I realized that I need to set some jumper in order to enable the plugs. I figured that out after I accidentally opened the manual and saw some jumper setting.

But then I found out that the metal plate within the jumper plastic shell was kind of loose, and I spent quite some time to get them all straight up before I can have them all plugged in.

At least now I have a working a fast eSATA card connecting to a 500Gb harddisk. Sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home