Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

3.22.2008

Resolved a strange home network outage problem

Since 2 weeks ago, I have problem access my desktop PC from my laptop computer. I was pretty busy working on something else, so I put the issue aside, but today finally got some time, I am starting to look into the problem.

My hints are the two messages that I got when I tried to access the shared folder from my laptop.

"You might not have permission to use this network resource ....
Not enough server storage is available to process this command."

I tried turning off the Firewall on both machine but the problem still happened. But the most shocking fact was that I have problem access the folder even ON THE DEKSTOP itself when I access it throught network conenction. This is when I realized that something very fishy is happening.

Eventaully I found this message and followed the instruction by using regedit to open the system register key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters ,
Changed the value IRPStackSize from decimal 16 to the max value 50. And then reboot.

Since then, the problem goes away, and I can happily using my laptop to access my desktop again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home