Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

2.08.2005

Wasted 4 hours on something meaningless

I started a quest of doing something stupid last night. It wasted me more than 4 hours, and yielded no result so far. Yet I may probably to do that again sometime soon.

I was trying to download the videos of an old TVB drama “陸小鳳之鳳舞九天(萬梓良版)”.

The task itself seems to be pretty meaningless, as the VCD version of the TVB drama itself has not been officially released. Yet I saw a few sites mentioned the availability of .rm version , and that all 40 episodes was once on some bt site. So I based on the “if it’s on the Net, it can be found somehow” theory, spent 4+ hours digging around, and yet I couldn’t find an outlet to download the files. Finally, I gave up, and convinced myself that “the quality of video shouldn’t be too good anyway” kind of lame excuse to convince myself to give up.

Interestingly, I was actually not too crazy about the drama itself. I enjoyed watching the drama when was young, but that wasn’t enough a reason to justify wasting 4+ hours on it. I guess it all boils down to my stupid dedication attitude once I have my target locked on something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home