Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

1.16.2005

No need to convert video for NX70V with high quality setting

After a few experiment, I figured out that my NX70V really is slow regarding to playing video, and even when I provide higher quality video file to play on NX70V, the hardware is simply incapable to handle it and create even jerkier video playback.

I figured that fact out yesterday when I tried putting video compressed in high quality setting and original MPEG 1 video on a memory stick, and then play back on NX70V. I used to simply compress video using the normal compression setting, so at first I still had a hope that the jerky video playback on NX70V is deal to low quality compression. But when I played the MPEG1 video on NX70V, I saw major slow down even though the player continue playing the video. Then I tried playing the high quality compressed video. It played, yet not too much better than the normal version, and definitely cannot justify the doubled file size.

So the conclusion is that I should stay with the normal compression when preparing video to watch on NX70V, and forget about great video playback on NX70V as it won’t happen due to the limitation of the hardware.

Now I understand why those PDA shops showcase PDAs but playing high quality video. That’s for showing off the great playback capability of the gear itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home