Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

1.15.2005

Rollei es1020G. Very tempting, but PSP seems better

I tried the PVP (Portable Video Player) Rollei es1020G at a store this afternoon. For the price of HK$3880 (HK$3650 from gray market), the product seems to be very reasonably priced. Unfortunately, I turned around and saw a video playing on Playstation Portable (PSP) from a memory stick, and the video quality was TWICE better. Sure the current 512Mb Memory stick size is a big minus (not to mention that I hate the cost ineffectiveness of Memory Stick in general), but one cannot deny that the video playback quality on PSP is just great. And thus I predict that the next generation of PVP will at least match the quality of PSP. So for now, I will wait, at least wait until the official release of PSP in Hong Kong.

Still the reasonable battery life of es1020G makes the product kind of tempting. The store sales told me that the battery life is about 4 hours, which is shorter than most report on the Net claimed. So I tend to believe that 4 hour is the actual battery life.

There are two things that caused me alerted and refuse to get es1020G right away: there is NO SINGLE user review online for the es1020G yet. That makes me feel very unfortable. In addition, I cannot find any information about 1020G in the official Rollei site! That means no manual, no info and no firmware update what-so-ever from the official site. Not a good sign as a technology product in 21st Century. That makes me worry about how much support I will receive after I buy the product.

Well, let me wait 2 months, at least wait until PSP finally arrive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home