Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

1.04.2004

Remember that I have a very bitchy motherboard which can get cranky when I mess with the DDR memory, that my whole machine was brought down the knees after installing a Pentium 4 2.8GHz because it hates my original SamSung DDR 333MHz memory? And remember I said that after I finally got the P4 CPU running on the motherboard, I was not going to touch it anymore? Well, curiosity kills cat, but I am not a cat, so this morning I was so brave that I opened my machine and mess with the Kingston DDR in the memory slot.

By the way, I am still not brave enough to put back the old SamSung. It's definitely not work with the mother+P4 after so many trials.

What I found out was something very interesting. My machine has two memory slots: slot 1 and slot 2. My KIngston was in slot 1, and p4 running great. So I tried moving the Kingston DDR to slot 2. When I rebooted, the machine started and THEN STOPPED, and the start again but unable to boot up. When I put the Kingston back in slot 1, everything worked!

So even though Kingston DDR works with my motherboard on slot 1, it FAILED on slot 2! What kind of logic is that!? It's pretty obvious that my current mother board is a stupid bitch, that one of these days (when I am ready to add more memory) I have to swap it out for something better. And no, I will not buy MSI motherboard ever in my life. Call me superstition.