Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

12.19.2003

I was literally crying while I was watching the later part of the movie Bruce Almighty, and I find it �K spooky.

This is not the first time I cried while watching a movie, and in almost of all cases those movies are supposed to be tear-driven ones. In fact, I laughed while I was watching a lot of those sentimental romantic tragedies. For instance, I was making fun on the irrationalness of Titanic. And I am not easy to shear my tear for movie, as I fully aware that most of the movie (be it Hollywood production or HK low budget gag) stories were written in order to arouse our emotion. Plots are calculated to make us feel exciting, terrorized and romanticized, and I refused to be driven by the directors like some kind of puppet. My rational will try its best to analyst movies like analyzing feature specification before I put down my emotion and buy in the package. I am the master of my emotion.

But very once in a while, exceptions happen. Maybe it was because my rational thinking goes off-guarded. But, well, the heck, there��s no reason to stringent all the time.

Yet, I still wonder, why Bruce Mighty? I mean, it��s just a simple commercial romantic comedy. The overcome plot is just one of those been-there-done-that ones. All the wrongs became right at the end. Almost everyone is good guys. No one dies, and Jim Carter did his regular physical comedy, which proved that he still does great what he did the best.

But, why? Why did I cry? And I started dropping tear without realizing it!

I reminded the video and found out that I started weeping when Bruce��s girl friend rejected him at her workplace (some sort of kindergarten), and my tear kept running down when Bruce heard her girl friend��s painful prayer.

Maybe deep down inside my heart I find the association between me and the character Bruce, that we are both very selfish and self-centered, that along our way of life we became cynical, obnoxious and offensive. We both acted out in a wacky way, which someone gives people around us a laugh, but deep down inside it was the rage of injustice, not realizing that we are actually the one who created a lot of tiny injustice here and there. And most of all, we both don��t know how to love other people, especially the one who meant the most to us.

There is, though, hope, at least I guess. Unlike the politically correct version of God in the movie, I believe in a God who died for my sin, and activity involving my life whenever I open my arm wide open. And unlike Bruce the part-time god in the movie, He will answer every single prayer individually and personally, and He can answer my prayer by change the one thing that helps me to change the world: my soul.

So I pray. Dear Lord. Help me to learn how to love. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home