Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

1.26.2004

My web site, DeeCay Zone, is not staying up too as it's hosting on my home machine with a shitty Hitchison Powerline based broadband service. The throughput of the line is so bad that most of the time the web site like down, which doesn't make sense as I can still see my GetRight downloading stuff from Mircrosoft web site.

It's pretty obvious to me that I have to do something before I start to insane because of this crappy ISP. I am thinking of getting SoNet, which seems to be the only choice I have because:

- I don't like ICable's share bandwidth concept.
- I don't like Netvigator's price
- I don't like HKNet's customer service (my friend Kok had first hand experience )
- I don't like Huitchson's inconsistant service.

Now it's basically my cheapness against SoNet. I may convince myself to continue tolerant my current crappy ISP service since it's "free" (or at least I already paid thru building mainance fee). Beside, I don't have a long a time to enjoy it as I was at work most of the time anyway. Time will tell what the outcome is.

I bited the bullet and brought a new harddisk after constantly running out of harddisk space. This is particularly serious a problem when now that the machine is fast enough to run VMWare smoothly. I started to create a various OS (Linux RedHat, Windows 2000 ...) for various development projects. Hopefully this will provide some sort of incentive to continue writing code. It's been a while since I start some serious program. Coding is like exercising. You gotta keep coding, or else you will lose your coding sense.

The new hard disk is a Western Digital Serial ATA harddisk, which is supposed to be faster than the regular ATA 133 harddisk. I also paid HK$100 for than a Segate one. But then I believe that all harddisks are NOT created equal, and I trust the Western Digital brand. So far WD didn't fail me.

Sleep, and I am offline now. Talk to you later folks, and let me know if you want to yell back about something I said so far. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home