Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

10.15.2014

Cheating on PCSX2 is way harder than I thought

I was pretty fustrated when I played the game Katamari Damacy on Playstation 2 emulator PCSX2.  So I thought, hey it says that it supports cheat, maybe I can give it a try.  And with that thought I waste a whole Tuesday night, and still couldn't get the cheat working.  But then, at least I get to a point where PCSX2 recognize the cheat code and loaded it.

So basically I follow the instruction at here, using the cheat code provided by here, and then manually created a cheat file, and put it in the folder ...\PCSX2 1.3.0\cheats  .  The log file on screen and dumped out did recognize the cheat and loaded them, but the Karamari game didn't give me infinite time.

Another stretegy I developed was by search the the game's CRC with the extension.  That actually allows me to find the cheat file that people prepared, like 0F6B6315.pnach for Kingdom Heart.

Let me continue to try "0F6B6315.pnach" and Kingdom Heart tonight when I get back home and see if it cheat really works.  One thing for sure though: it looks very different from the value I found in http://cheats.codetwink.com/ps2/view/1240 .



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home