Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

4.03.2011

Remote control my home machine isn't as practical as I thought

I was always wonder how amazing it would be if i could access my home machine remotely anytime I want, anywhere I want. In fact I was even thinking about paying for gotomypc so that I have that feature available to me anytime I want.

With the iPhone app LogMeIn, I can do exactly that without paying any subscription fee. So I got the app, tried it out, and found that it worked fairly ok. Still, I did not find the need to use the feature. That is, until this morning.

I was trying to start some long batch process this morning, but did not have time to do it before I left room. So I was miles away from home, wondering if I had to wait until I got home and got this long process started.

Suddenly I remembered that I had this logmein application. Perfect moment to try it, I thought.

So I tried. It worked, but the experience was not that pleasing. It was slow and sluggish. Well, still, I guess I should be thankful it at least work, and give me this option to do so something that was not even possible before.