Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

3.08.2011

Figure out how to connect a router at the back of another router, but ...

I was very excited on Sunday that I figured out how to connect my 802.11n router at the back of the existing router (which belongs to my roommate).  So I went ahead spend the whole day restructure the server and the network, including reinstall the OS on the server machine (but still using the same name).

Everything went pretty well EXCEPT that the MacOSX has problem acccessing the shared files in the file server, yet have NO PROBLEM remote desktop to that machine.  That will really push me towards using the Windows 7 side as the main day to day environment.

Another option is moving the Z file server to the router based file server.  That will require a few days of observation and make sure everything work as expected, so ... we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home