Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

2.27.2011

Streaming Recorded TV from my closet computer: it actually work

I remember I tried streaming Recorded TV from the server computer in my closet to my media center (Lenovo S12), and it was not working.  The performance was super sluggish and I had to give up.  But today I tried it again and it was working great.  That really makes me wonder why if worked this time while not the other.  Just me write down the setting I have now, so that letter if it failed again, at least I know what setting I should twist:

Server:
  • Recorded TV hosted in an external SATA harddisk through eSATA interface
Client
  • Resolution: 1280 x 720
One thing that slightly bugged me for a while was that the media center prevents me from deleting a file that I just finished watching.  Irritating, right?  No problem.  Here's what I did:
  • Go to the  machine where the Recorded TV files were being hosted.
  • Go to property page of that folder.
  • select [Security] tab
  • In "Group or user names", choose [Edit...]
  • Add the user "Everyone"
  • give "Everyone" Full control
That's all.  Now I can delete watched shows at will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home