Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

2.22.2011

Trying to make Boxee and XBMC run as portable

I spent some time making both Boxee and XBMC support proper Unicode file name and such on the Lenovo S12, and now that tried to run these 2 items on the MacMini running Windows 7, I don't want to reinstall and then configure all over again.  So I simply move over the Boxee and XBMC directory, and attempt to run the exe directly.  Both failed as they complain about missing some d3dx9 files.

So I downloaded directx_aug2009_redist.exe , and that got Boxee running.  But XBMC still complained about the missing of d3dx9_43.dll .  So I downloaded "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe" and that solved the problem.

By the way, I got Samba connection error, but PS3 Media Server connection worked ONCE I set up the default SMB user name and password.  Since I am lazy, I am not going to waste time to figure out the detail, and just let it be.