Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

4.01.2011

Finally able to run Amazon Cloud Player on my Hong Kong HTC Desire Andriod phone

I was frustrated for a few days because I couldn't run Amazon Cloud Player on my HTC Desire Android phone which was brought and I was in Hong Kong last year.  When I tried to open the application, I will get the message saying:

"To purchase MP3s from Amazon, please change the language in your 'lanaguage & keyboard' setting ..." 

And then refuse to even load up EVEN when I only want to play music on the device.  I tried to follow the Amazon instruction.  But then when I went to the "Lanaguage and Keyboard" page, I found that I only have one English locale option: English (Hong Kong), and then 2 more Chinese options.  Really not good.

Fortunately, I read messages on forums and found that there is a free app called MoreLocale and it does exact what I need: add another locale in the list.  So I installed it and used it.  Sure enough Amazon player shows up afterward.  This is the moment when I found Andriod better than iOS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home