Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

1.22.2008

My Mac OSX adventure continues

Last night I installed 10.4.8, and found that the OS looked old after I used Leopard for a few days. Besides, the sound was not working, and I didn't any advantage staying with 10.4, so I use Acronis TrueImage 10 (Under WinXP) to roll back to partition to 10.5.1 . Back the way, Acronis TrueImage is totally awesome. Now I can be more advantageous on trying out new OS, knowing that I have a realizable way to roll back to previous version.

Another thing is that I found a consistent way to make sound working on Leopard: shut down the machine cleanly. Wait for a few seconds, and bootup the machine to OSX. All when the power adapter is NOT plugged in. I don't understand why, but as long as the pattern works consistent, I don't care.

The WiFi driver for Leopard on my X60T is not ready yet, and a lot of people online are also waiting. Also, the Tablet driver seems to have issue deal to the fact that I am having a multitouch screen. Guess I just have to be patient and let the hacker community to sort things out.

On the bright side, I got the time issue resolved, and the answer is actually very simple: simply force Windows XP to use Universial time. That way the XP time will be the same as the time on OSX. To do that, I followed the following instruction found at the Insanelymac web site:

  • Use RegEdit to open the key HKEYLocalMachine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\
  • Create a strings key called: RealTimeIsUniversal, and then put "1" as the value.
  • Reboot.
From now on, XP will use Universal Time. Awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home