Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

1.18.2008

Got OSX 10.5 running on Lenovo X60T

I was so glad this morning that I finally got Mac OSX 10.5 running on my Lenovo ThinkPad X60T in a dual boot fashion (Windows XP and Mac OSX 10.5). Some stuff that I learned along the way:

  • Having the Vista OS bootloader causing me hell of problem. Eventually I had to load the XP boot partition I saved using Acronis TrueImage 10 Home edition in order to get rid of the Vista OS bootloader.
  • Acronis OS Selector works very well AS LONG AS you have bootloader installed in your OSX partition. To install it, boot up OSX installation disc. And then on the menu bar, select [Tools][..Boot... ] (darn it I forgot the exact spelling ... sorry :-P). It's a command prompt tool but it's very easy to understand and use.
  • The disc utility of OSX 10.5 installation disk is much better than previous versions. For instance, I can pick my existing Vista partition, erase it and turn it into a Mac OS bootable partition.
My next step will be figuring out how to make it work with my Tablet screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home