Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

12.23.2007

Windows Dreamscene

It is almost crazy that I would actually praise Windows Vista, but today I found a very interesting reason to stay with Vista: Windows Dreamscene. Basically it allows you to use a video as a wallpaper. I heard that the memory footprint is just 22Mb. And with my QuadCore CPU player, there's more than enough power to spare to support that feature. In fact, I check the windows performance monitor, and found that only tiny little CPU power is being used to generated the effect.

Sure I can run VLC and KMPlayer to mimic to same effect, but then there's chance that I may accidentally trigger the playback. Besides, it's also the cool wallpaper effect that got my attention while testing it. In addition, there are people posted Dreamscene video for people to use. I am downloading some of those now.

The downside here is that the feature only support wmv and mpeg file, but that I probably won't put any arbitary file as a video wallpaper anyway, so it's not way too bad.

By the way, to use the video wallpaper feature in KMPlayer, play the video you like, press [Alt][Enter] to bring the video as full screen, and then press [Shift][Enter] to bring the video as wallpaper. Notice that this scheme does NOT work on Vista somehow :-<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home