Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

12.29.2007

Why does Windows keep from deleting files?

I always hate it when Windows have some leftover files during installation, and and keep you from deleting those files like indefinitely. So I am trying to find soem way to combat those files. I found this site and tried some of the applications mentioned in the page. Under extreme situation we need extreme measure, so I popped in a Windows XP Installation CD, boot the disc, and try to delete the file from recovery console.

I got access deny error.

So I am like very very pissed now.

Finally I did managed to delete all those damn files. I forgot the exact detail, but basically it goes something like this:

  • Bootup Windows Vista in Safe Mode.
  • Right click on the folder that I tried to delete.
  • Select the Security tab.
  • Select the user that I am using now in the top list box.
  • Click [Advanced] button.
  • And then I just play with the permission, basically tried to allow my user account to have the Full Control on those damn files. And definitely need to check the checkbox "Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants with inheritable permissions from this object.
Basically that's it. Damn happy to see those nasty file all gone.

Now I need to the problem which the Vista reported something wrong with my 160Gb Harddisk. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home