Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

12.26.2007

Firewall headache

There must be some firewall setting that I need to setup in order to let my desktop access files on my laptop. Right now it's kind of a one way ticket. The laptop sees my desktop, and can access files that are shared on my desktop. But my desktop have problem discovering and utilizing the shared resources from my laptop. I know it has something to do with some of the Programs that I blocked on my LAPTOP's Zone Alarm firewall. For instance, after I allowed the "Bonjour Service" on my laptop, suddenly the desktop sees the laptop's network connection, although it still have problem connecting it.

Oh wait, Bonjour Service is a Apple service installed with iTune. It has nothing to do with network sharing on Vista ...

.....


And you know what? I give up. I even turned off Zone Alarm on my Tablet PC and the desktop still can't see the laptop. So forget it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home