Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

12.30.2007

Firewire Solo with Vista drove me nuts

I was puzzled by the problem that I am facing: I have a Firewire Solo audio interface. It works fine on both my desktop and my laptop ... and so I thought. Then today I tried to do some vocal recording, only to find out the on my desktop, the recorded sound were terrible.

So I tried recording vocal using my laptop. All went fine .... except that in the beginning, the system initiated a firmware update. I was suddenly thinking: maybe it's the driver that caused problem on my desktop. I looked into the driver setting on my laptop, and it said something like this:



And I checked my desktop, and found something like that:



So I thought, hell, maybe the older driver, FW_V32_5.10.00.5048, works better than the newer one.

Well it didn't work. The audio recording was still terrible. I can only conclude that .... Vista hates Firewire and my machine and ... oh damn me.

So everytime I need to do recording I have to use my my laptop.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its my first time to post on this forum,merely wannat pushy some friends here.if its not allowed to record on this enter,will cross out this thread.Nice to fit you!

---------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.sexybags.info/rssrock.html]My designer handabgs[/url]

5:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home