Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

5.22.2007

VMWare Workstation 6 works much better than VMWare Server 1.03 regarding to sharing files locally

I was using VMWare Server 1.03, and I was frustrated by the horrible performance when I copy files from my VMWare host machine to the VMWare virtual machine through regular Windows file sharing. I shared a folder in my virtual machine using the regular Windows fashion, and under Vista I could reference it using IP address. The problem, however, was that it took FOREVER to copy just a few hundred Kilobytes of file, and it even failed to copy files bigger than 4Mb!

Finally I uninstalled VMWare Server 1.03, and installed VMWare Workstation. And then I use the VMWare share feature to share file. This proved to be a MUCH BETTER approach . The performance issue of copying files was totally resolved. In fact, I can even drag and drop files on a VMWare virtual machine Window.

No wonder one is paid product, while the other one is a freeware!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home