Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

5.17.2007

My first 24 hours with Nokia 5300

I received two awesome products which I ordered just a few days ago. First it was the 1Gb memory for my Lenovo X60T. It effectively turned my slow machine into a comfortable working environment. Since it's just ... well .. memory, there's nothing much else to say about.

As for the phone Nokia 5300, I have a lot to say.

First, the things I DO NOT like about the T-Mobile edition of Nokia 5300 that I got:

- Ugly T-Mobile branding
- NOT ABLE to display and process Traditional Chinese character
- Force me to plug the headphone in order to listen to radio

On the other hand, there's a lot of like about the 5300. The internal speaker is just loud and nice. Audio and even Video playback are pretty decent. I tried putting some Java games I downloaded form the Net and they worked very well. So that means I can the following content myself:

- Wallpaper
- Music
- Java games
- Video files

Speaking of converting video file, I found an important trick to minimize the audio out-of-sync problem when using WinAVI MP4 Converter 3.1 (so far the best tool to do conversion) to convert .3gp file. The trick is to alter the screen size slightly. I set the width and height to 99% and then convert.

The time need to convert video to .3gp format is very fast. This will definitely encourage me to put more video on my phone to watch.

When I get time I will try:
- Creating my own Ring tone
- Use Nokia PC Suite to sync between the phone and the PC