Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

1.06.2007

Fun with Bluetooth 3: Sending file

I found out that I can send file form my PC to my Pocket PC WITHOUT establish any PAN (Personal Area Network) at all. All you need to do is this:
- Right click on the Bluetooth icon at Windows Tray , and select "Send file". I choose a JPEG file.
- Select the device you want to send your file to. If you previous had a successful sending, your device should be already in the list. Otherwise click [Browse...] to select your device.
- Select the file you want to send.
- That's it on the PC sending side.
- On your PPC (assume that it's on and Bluetooth enabled), a message will pop up and allows you to choose between Accept and Reject.
- If you accept on your PPC, the file will be saved under the \\My Device\My Document\ directory.


In fact, I could do the same with my Bluetooth enabled Motorola E398 phone. After the PC started sending a file, a message will pop up on my phone (assume that bluetooth has been turned on). And I just following the instruction on the screen. One thing funny is that the phone automatically brought up a JPEG view screen. I wonder what happen if I tried to transfer other kinds of files, like MP3. (... will try it later)

I should don't know how to send File from my E398 phone back to my PC though. In fact, I even doubt if my phone provides that feature. (Turning on Receiving File on PC side surely DID NOT work, and the PC simply waiting and waiting.)