Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

7.27.2006

BT, External Firewire HD : Hot problem and hot solution

Since I want to be able to watch up-to-date US TV while I am physically in Hong Kong, I constantly BT. To lower to power consumption and heat generation, I use my crappy HP laptop instead of the desktop PC to do 24-7 BTing. To aviod overkilling the laptop harddisk by BTing, in addition to the ease of transfering all the BTed files from laptop to desktop, I use my external Firewire harddisk to hold both the temp and completed BT files.

The problem is that the combination heat generated by the laptop and the Firewire external harddisk is just way too much. Thus I am seriously thinking about stop using the external harddisk, but instead using the internal laptop harddisk. Hopefully that could cut down the heat generation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home