Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

7.25.2006

WiFi or not WiFi

I still don't have wireless network at home even when my brother next to my door used WiFi for more than a year already. I still haven't convinced myself that I need WiFi in my not so big room. Still, because I have two WiFi capable devices (x50v and NDS), I always had tiny incentive to consider setting one up. I was told, though, by several friends that getting low cost WiFi gear may lead to unreliable service (like constant drop off line for no obvious reason), and that kind of bothers me.

I took a chance to check out the price for setting up a low cost WiFi network, and found that low cost WiFi routers was selling at HK$299, while PC Card WiFI network cards was selling at HK$160. Fair price, but spending HK$$460 just so that I can surf net while I am sitting in restroom. I guess not.

I also saw the new Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8G selling at HK$1870. I heard that this is the first time Intel has a chip faster than all the AMD chips. Cool, competition is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home