Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

7.27.2006

More about VMWare Server experience

I spent a lot of time using VMWare server these days. Here's are some of the tidbits.

- When you migrate VMWare instance from VMWare Workstation to VMWare Server, you need to apply update on new VMTool. Otherwise strange thing may thing.

- VMWare instance to VMWare instance file copying (for instance, 1.4Gb worth of Data Guard Installation) seems to be fine. Notice that I already applied VMWare Server VMTool update on both instance.

- Strange Windows Remote Desktop problem: I had problem connecting to some Windows Server 2003 VMWare Instance. I kind of suspect that it was because the machine name was too long. After changing the name and left it for a night, it started working this morning. Honestly, I am not sure which solution cured the problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home