Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

3.07.2006

TCPMP 0.72 RC 1

The TCPMP has 0.72 RC 1 released. It was supposed to be an big deal to me since I was heard that this version makes TCPMP playing those iPod video format movie in a much smoother way.

The result? Big disappointment. And I am so glad that I backed up my PPC before trying out the 0.72 RC1 because I had to rollback at the end of the experiement.

Here's my result of trying out 0.72 RC1, 0.71 and my original 0.66m:

0.72 RC 1
- Missing MPEG 4 AAC audio encoding (removed before of some shitty intellectual property shit)
- Still does not resolve Diggnation problem
- No improvement seen
- Play less video than the old 0.66

0.71
- Missing MPEG 4 AAC audio encoding (removed before of some shitty intellectual property shit)
- No improvement seen


0.66m
Original
- Does everything right except the Diggnation thing.
- Need 0.66m specified plugins to work

So basically I just roll back. Everything back to normal :- I ...