Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

3.03.2006

Just upgraded the firmware my Pioneer A10 DVD Recorder. Still shitty.

I just upgraded the firmware of my Pioneer A10 DVD Recorder from version 1.22 to 1.39. I am never a big fan of firmware upgrade, but since my recorder had enough trouble recognizing a lot of these already anyway, so maybe this dose of firmware upgrade can magically cure something (or great a bigger disaster).

Well, the result: the firmware upgrade A10 still sucks.

I used A10 to burn a DVD at 4x (because it cannot get any slower on the Sky 8x dvd+r disc), and it CANNOT be completely read by A10. However, it was read corrected by my Liteon. I also tried two DVD player in the office (NEC DVD+-RW ND-3450A, NEC DVD+-RW ND-3530A) , and they both read the disc correct. So I guess I will keep using the Sky 8X DVD+R disc for 4x burns.

On the other hand the LiteOn DVD Record still sucks big time. I use it to burned a DVD at 2.4x speed. It can be read by the LiteOn DVD itself, but failed to be read by the A10 and one of the office NEC DVD+-RW ND-3530A recorder. Funny how, my desktop player NEC DVD+-RW ND-3450A has no problem with it. So I need to totally aviod buring DVD using LiteOn.

Sigh. Until I brought yet another DVD Burner, I may need to continue seraching some 4x DVD media.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home