Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

3.03.2006

A trip to Golden Shopping Center

Haven't been in Golden Shopping Center for almost a month, so I went there tonight just to check around. Several foundings that caught my attention:

- Nintendo DS Lite was displayed in more than several stores. The price, around Hk$1880, was totally unacceptable, but it's nice to see the actual model. Just like the iPod Nano wowed people by shrinking the size and yet keeping all the funtionality, Nintendo DS Lite I saw was very compact, could easy be stuffed in your pocket, and with the size and form factor just right. This is what Nintendo DS should have been. However, unless the price go down to the reasonable level, and known for sure whether it can play SuperCard, I won't even put it in my wish list.

- The faithful 4X Sky DVD+R discs were all gone. This is bad, very bad for me, for my stupid Pioneer A10 recorder has some serious problem recognizing 8x disks. So just a while ago I head toward the Pioneer web site, and hoping that a new firmware upgrade will be my rescure. And notice that the web is a Japan based site, because I cannot find my model in the US web site.

- Price for 2Gb memory stick is getting lower and lower. Now a SanDisk 2Gb Memory Stick Pro Duo is selling at HK$795 in many stores. There's no doubt that PSP is the main reason of such a booming of Memory Stick business. However, the price for SD card is also lower. I saw that a slow Toshiba 2Gb SD card is selling at HK$590, a very reasonable price. Some lowend Compact Flashcard is also getting cheaper. I saw the 4Gb Transcend Compact Flash card (slow one, of course) selling at HK$1190 now. It's now much easier to cheap thousands of songs and several movies around in your mobile device, be it PSP, PocketPC or your mobile phone.

I don't see any big XBox 360 promotion. Guess the games for XBox 360 are just not attractive from HK gamer's point of view.

1 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

v

3:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home