Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

12.02.2005

To Find the perfect bible for Pocket PC

After my Pocket PC crashed a while ago, I didn't have time to restore the bible on my Pocket PC. So there was a brief amount of time that I don't have bible on my bag all the time, which is bad consider that I am the kind of person who loves to do impulsive things, including reading bible.

Today I finally got some time so I started to rebuild my Pocket PC and in the meantime try to find a or several bible software.

First I have to say something about a bible that I DO NOT LIKE. I don't like Pocket e-Sword big time because:
- It's traditional Chinese Bible does not do linefeed, which makes it very painful to read.
- When I try to uninstall it, it keeps telling me that several TrueType font files (Doulos SIL Regular.ttf, GalSILR20.ttf, SILEOT.ttf) cannot be removed and thus the uninstallation is failed. What a bull. I have to connect the PPC to my PC and manually removed those three TrueType files on PC (with PPC connected) in order to complete the uninstallation process. Big thumbs down for this software.

I give a big thumbs up for Laridian NIV Bible. The UI is clean, easy to use, and it does the job well.

And finally, for Chinese bible reading, I use OliverTree Bible Reader for CE 3.0. Not the best bible app in this work, but at least this is one Traditional Chinese bible that actually works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home