Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

11.22.2005

A story of an almost dead Nintendo DS, and how to rescure it

I was forced to update my Nintendo DS from running original FlashMe to FlashMe version 5, all because of a SuperCard version of Mario Kart DS.

The nightmare started yesterday after I played a SuperCard version of Mario Kart DS ROM I downloaded from Nintendo DS BBS (a big mainland China NDS site). The Rom ran very well and I had great fun with it. After I turned off the machine, I pressed power button trying to start it up again in order to test the Pokemon RPG.

The NDS started with black screen.

That's how I started my fustration whole night last night, trying to figure out how come the power light is on and yet the machine didn't display anything. I even yanked out the battery, hoping that the machine would OK next morning.

And it didn't.

Out of ultra fustration, I went to Nintendo DS BBS to look for answer. Finally I found a solution:

- Prepare NoFlash.nds (the one which removes FlashMe from the system) by removing everytying from the CF card except the NoFlash.nds file.
- Hold [Select][Start][A][B] and press [Power] button to turn on the machine. The power light is on but there's still no display. Don't worry. Now release all buttons. And then press [A] button. The system should load the NoFlash.nds now.
- Follow the instruction on the and complete the no flash porcess.
- Now the NDS is back to normal.

I went one step further by installing FlashMe version 5. And so far it seems to work fine. Now I have the lastest FlashMe, and I am able to play games with WiFi.

I just hope that there's some warning before I running the Mario Kart DS Rom compiled for SuperCard.

Well, at least now the problem solved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home